- This position will offer you the opportunity to directly apply your knowledge to a wide range of tasks. You will:
• prepare complex analytical models to determine the response of structures and equipment to earthquake motions and forced vibrations.
• perform seismic design of buildings and structures.
• perform optimization studies to determine practical design solutions for new structures and equipment subject to dynamic loading.
• assess existing structures and equipment with excessive vibrations to determine the root cause of the vibrations.
• perform 3-D and 2-D finite element analysis of plate-type structures.
• prepare structural design calculations to support construction drawings and specifications.
Essential skills and experience:
• This position requires a PhD degree in Civil Engineering or a related field from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
• Academic courses must have included: dynamic analysis of structures and vibratory equipment, finite element analysis of plate and shell structures, and earthquake engineering (seismic response spectra and time-history analysis), structural stability analysis and soil dynamics.
• Two or more years of work experience in a project team environment.
• Knowledge of the practical application of structural engineering including analysis for structural supports, loads, and design integrity.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
• Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, and designation as an Engineer in Training.
• Experience in writing and providing support documentation for Structural Engineering calculations.
• Proficiency with any of the following programs: MathCad, STAAD PRO, SAP2000, SAFE, GTSTRUDL, or ANSYS, SHAKE, SESSI, and ADINA.
• Familiarity with design codes and standards such as IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, and ACI 318.
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.