Headquartered in the U.S., INVISTA is one of the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex, and polyester applications. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including Lycra® fiber, Coolmax® fabric, Cordura® fabric, Antron® carpet fiber and Stainmaster® carpet. We transform daily through innovations. Clothing, carpets, luggage, plastic bottles, automobile interiors and airbags- these and many other products originate in one of INVISTA's global manufacturing facilities. You can be a part of the difference we make by joining the INVISTA team.
As a member of the INVISTA team, you will also be part of Koch Industries, Inc.'s affiliates, one of the largest privately-held companies in the world. Koch companies have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employ about 60,000 people.
At INVISTA, a world leader in fibers and polymers, you can advance professionally while helping improve products you depend on every day. We’re a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the largest privately held companies in the world. When you succeed here, you can open the door to endless opportunities with the diverse business segments of INVISTA and other Koch companies around the globe.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Controls Engineer to implement and maintain cost control processes for capital project initiatives.
We are looking for a candidate with the following attributes:
• Effective communicator who is able to establish strong rapports with internal and external customers.
• Ability to work in a time sensitive environment with competing demands
• Administer and maintain cost control processes to track and report project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts
• Assign job-specific code of accounts, in accordance with the approved WBS (Work Break Down System) working closely with the Project Estimator and other project related functions
• Provide guidance/oversight for all project related change control systems tracking impacts to cost and or schedule.
• Provide full Cost Engineering, Project Analytics and guidance to Project Managers using various tools such as “earned value” etc.
• Ensure that all accounting transactions are recorded and in compliance with all company, audit and accounting procedures and support project audits, as required.
• Collaborate/knowledge share with other project teams throughout the company to ensure that procedures and other business information is consistent with project standards and supports best practices
• Provide support/guidance for utilization of SAP as related to projects
Experience & Skills Required:
• 10+ years of experience in Project Controls (with at least 5+ yrs of that experience executing project controls processes) within a petrochemical or chemical industry.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite with proficient skills in Excel (creating charts, formatting cells, working with macros & pivot tables etc.), Access (ability to work with & manipulate large sets of data), PowerPoint (change slide layout, applying new presentation design and inserting images etc.).
• Experience with Primavera –P6
• Experience working with schedules for EVMS and productivity
• Experience with providing cost control leadership on large capital projects ranging from $5 - $50 MM (or greater).
• Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed
Experience & Skills Preferred:
• Experience using SAP.
• Experience working with benchmarking metrics.
• Associates Degree or Higher in Accounting; Engineering; or Related fields.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Drug tests are required, unless prohibited by state law.
Up to 25%
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.