4Springfield, MO Area Company Overview
Staley Technologies, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Staley, Inc., deploys technology to a list of global, blue chip clients. Services include design and installation of cable infrastructures and communications networks, systems development and implementation, electrical services, systems maintenance, and related services across wired and wireless platforms. With 500 employees across the U.S., we’re poised to continue an aggressive, yet carefully managed, journey of growth and diversification as we move into our 60th
year in business. For bright, energetic, career-minded, team players we offer outstanding career opportunities within the elite ranks of our field services group. As part of the technology deployment team, our Data / Cabling Technicians are the core of what we do. If you’re looking for growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits, bonus potential, a remarkably stable company, and a chance to work with fantastic people, then read on!
Primary Job Contributions and Required Talents
• Maintain a constant focus on two things – exceeding customers’ expectations and ensuring safety in all we do.
• Experienced in commercial and retail environment
• Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of electrical system equipment and components
• Locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment
• Working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment
• Manage time, material and people resources throughout project lifecycles
• Manage work orders, sign-offs, daily log/journal and other project documentation
• Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the electrical trade
• Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards and regulations
• PC proficiency
• Ability to travel, often extensively and sometimes with little notice
• Flexibility to work the hours of the traditional second and third shifts
• Self-starting highly motivated and used to work environments that move quickly!
• Must demonstrate the highest standards of ethics and integrity
• Strong customer/people relationship skills
• Must have valid driver’s license and meet company standards for pre-employment background and drug screening
• Typical physical demands include frequent work on lifts, ladders, and possibly rooftops and other harder-to-access areas. Must
be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers; manual dexterity
required for frequent reaching, climbing and lifting of objects (typically up to 50 lbs.), and operating power tools.