Shift Coach - 2nd Shift (4:00 pm to midnight)
BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
To lead the activities of a work team in a participative management manufacturing environment, effect favorable production costs through personally directed projects and provide peer leadership for the accomplishment of common business goals.
• Provide direction, leadership, and supervision to production teams.
• Participate in strategic planning and resource management to assure optimum utilization of those resources to meet or exceed team, individual and business objectives.
• Develop and lead Lean initiatives. Sustain 5s efforts in the area of responsibility.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the processing and packaging areas in order to identify improvement opportunities.
• Integrate business objectives with team activities.
• Assure uninterrupted processing, packaging, and shipment of high quality products at the lowest possible cost consistent with the principles of supply chain management.
• Facilitate continuous improvement activities through problem solving driven by data analysis. Develop and implement work plans to achieve. results. Act as a catalyst for positive change
• Assist in the establishment, implementation and adoption of operating policies and philosophies.
• Develop self -regulating work groups that are accountable and responsible both as individuals and teams.
• Coach for optimal performance. Accurately appraise strengths and weaknesses, provide constructive feedback, reinforce individual and team performance. Leverage diversity and develop collaborative relationships.
• Manage human resource systems and policies, and provide or procure training to accomplish overall objectives.
• BS/BA degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Strong leadership and coaching skills.
• Budgetary planning skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead work teams and develop work plans.
• Above average facilitation skills.
• Excellent communication and motivational skills.
• Strong technical ability.
We offer a Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and Pension Plan.
No phone calls.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Qualified applicants should send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Del Monte Pet Products
Attention Human Resources Manager
Lawrence, KS 66044
Or Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additional Information:
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status. Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit a Del Monte Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position. Shift: Relocation Eligible: