Minimum BSN, and unencumbered VA RN license required; MSN, NP encouraged to apply. Recent teaching experience a plus. Must be available to start immediately.
• Completion of an approved professional nursing education program.
• Experience of at least two years in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse.
• A current active unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the state in which the program is located or multi-state privilege to practice in state.
• Previous teaching experience preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and analytical skills.
• Excellent teaching and classroom management skills
• Functional abilities to carry out classroom, clinical and laboratory teaching responsibilities
• Competence in clinical skills in areas of teaching
• Competent in personal computer applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database, and email.
• Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screening, required immunizations, current CPR and HIPPA certifications.