ATK Advanced Signals & Cyber provides leading edge research, application development, system integration, and product development for wireless communications and signal processing mission needs. The ATK AS&C team relies on a breadth of Digital Communications, Software, and Systems Engineers to deliver innovative and affordable solutions to its customers.
Job Description: Systems Engineer – Wireless Communications
ATK seeks a Systems Engineer with interest in wireless communications, digital signal processing, and enterprise signal architectures. Successful candidate will conduct and lead systems engineering activities for wireless systems including the integration of specialized applications into enterprise systems and the development of wireless hardware products and solutions.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field; M.S. preferred
- Minimum of 10 years directly related software engineering experience with a B.S. (minimum of 7 years experience with an M.S.)
- Background in signals systems and architectures
- Experience with the systems lifecycle from gathering and validating requirements through analysis, interface definition, testing, and deployment
- Ability to acquire a U.S. Government security clearance which generally requires U.S. citizenship as a pre-requisite; current active clearance strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of LTE and UMTS wireless protocols
- Experience with national intelligence system architectures
- Experience and interest in utilization and advancement of open, cloud architectures
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing Hardware/Software design, development, integration, and test
- Experience with technical risk and opportunity management
- Experience transitioning advanced capabilities from research into fielded systems
- Current active security clearance strongly preferred
Competencies for Success
- Superior Communicator & Analytical Problem Solver
- Excellent Customer Engagement Skills
- Signals mission domain knowledge and passion
- Technical team leadership
This position can be filled at a lower level depending on skills, experience, and education.
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in the highly dynamic national security and communications environments. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Systems Engineering – Systems Lifecycle – Systems Engineering Methodology – Structured Systems Engineering, Requirements Development – Requirements Management – Communications – Wireless Communications – Real Time Systems – Digital Signal Processing – DSP – 3G – 4G – Protocols –LTE- UMTS – WiMax – GSM – CDMA - Systems Engineer– Electrical Engineer – Signals - SIGINT
ATK Category: Engineering and Sciences
Job Type: Full Time
Location: MD Beltsville
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segments: Aerospace Engineering, Communications, Developer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Engineer, Engineering, Government, Linux, Marketing, Network, Research, Security Clearance, Software Engineer, Technology, Telecom, Telecommunications