Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of core company values. As a result, our business growth is impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members share in the success that results from that growth.
Project Engineer Sr. [or Principal]
Has responsibility to provide technical direction and oversight for product development team(s) with long-term business and organizational impact. Plans, schedules, and coordinates efforts of assigned project staff and serves as a technical advisor on major projects. Acts as the primary point-of-contact on complex technical projects of significant scope and broad product, technology investment, integration challenges, and major customer impact. May have indirect or matrix responsibility to guide and provide technical direction to achieve project milestones. Has significant interaction with customers and senior technical community.
1. Lead a small team of aerospace firmware engineers in the design, verification and certification of firmware within one or more LRUs. Coordinate work between firmware design engineers, firmware verification engineers, electronic design engineers, software engineers and program management.
2. Provide hands on design and process assurance of an aerospace electronics unit containing one or more FPGAs.
3. Provide technical and project direction for multiple electronics engineers involved in the development of firmware being designed under the DO-254 process.
4. Design, analyze, troubleshoot and test aerospace electronics. Write reports and test procedures. Perform validation and verification of requirements. Ensure conformance to DO-254 processes.
5. This job function will be based in Ft. Worth, TX or Irvine, CA with some expected travel.
• BSEE degree (MSEE degree preferred) with at least 15 years experience in the design, development and certification of aerospace firmware. Specific experience in DO-254 certification required.
• Experience in requirements capture and validation. Experience with VHDL design and verification.
• Strong technical team leadership and mentoring skills. Ability to coordinate multi-disciplined team. Experience in making presentations and communicating with customers. Project management experience. Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
• Strong troubleshooting and testing background. Ability to solve complex electronic and HW/SW integration issues.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word (.doc) format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing job title/code. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is strongly recommended.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident status required
Req. Code : 13095
Division/Department : AAG - Central Group Irvine
Other Skills : *LI-JC1
4 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.