Front of the House Managers
Pleases customers by providing a pleasant dining experience.
* Accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
* Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
* Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
* Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
* Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
* Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.