The After Hours Supervisor
This position is for someone who likes fast-paced work and enjoys solving problems. We're looking for the right person to fill an on-call position willing to take-charge, and is capable of coordinating a variety of staffing and service related activities with our CAREGivers and clients after business hours.
You will join a team of two other supervisors, working between 17 and 24 weeks out of the year. You’ll work from home starting at 5 pm and answer all after-hours calls until 8 am the next morning, Monday thru Friday. You’ll also work the weekend from 5 pm on Friday until 8 am on Monday. Then you'll get two full weeks off before doing it again. You’ll be given the tools to do your job (laptop computer and iPad with internet access, Android cell phone, and a company car to use on the weekends) as well as extensive training to empower you to do your job. You will also attend a 2-hour paid staff meeting every Wednesday morning from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
During your shifts, you’ll take calls from CAREGivers and clients helping to coordinate their schedules, start-up new service, and conduct in-home introductions between CAREGivers and clients during their first initial meeting.
- The position pays $400 per week.
- Supervisors are paid a stipend for each care consultation and quality visit conducted during their scheduled week.
- Mileage reimbursement is paid at $0.56 per mile during non-weekend hours.
- Company car usage on scheduled weekends.
- Paid vacation time after 6 months of employment.
- Paid training.
- Opportunity to work as a CAREGiver during day time hours during the week.
PLEASE NOTE - YOU MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION SPECIFICALLY SAYING WHY THIS POSITION (TIMES AND PAY) ARE RIGHT FOR YOU. The majority of applicants do not submit a cover letter and their inquiries are ignored. By submitting a cover letter, you will increase your odds of receiving a face-to-face interview significantly.
- Reflect the core values of Trusted Care at Home, Inc. (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise)
- Review the week’s schedule with Staffing Supervisor and become aware of any potential trouble spots that might arise. Talk with the Staffing Supervisor on Friday afternoon to receive a report for the weekend.
- During the evening and weekend, the supervisor’s responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Answering each incoming call in a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable manner and responding to them as needed
- Field new client inquires over the phone in a knowledgeable manner and fill out service call form
- Communicate with CAREGivers and clients regarding scheduling as changes arise
- Monitor, mediate, and log both client and CAREGiver activity and follow up on CAREGiver assignments and client service
- Take messages and document all calls so office staff can respond if necessary Monday morning
- Contact backup person when questions arise about clients or CAREGivers that require input from regular office staff
- Fill in on assignments that come open until a replacement CAREGiver is found
- Meet with Staffing Supervisor Monday morning by 8:00 AM to pass on any pertinent information from the weekend. Also, turn in cell phone and drop off on-call equipment
- Maintain regular attendance at the office to execute job responsibilities
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with owner, colleagues and CAREGivers
Learn more about Home Instead Senior Care by visiting our website at www.homeinstead.com/283.