Responsible to provide and manage individualized, age specific, goal directed nursing care in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures. He/She is required to be knowledgeable of the rules and laws dictated by the governmental agencies that govern all hospitals. All nurses at Bert Fish Medical Center (BFMC) will practice knowing that the care and comfort of our patients is our highest priority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assesses and diagnoses patient and family needs in order to provide quality care to assigned patients.
· Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures, as necessary for the care of the patient.
· Maintains up‑to‑date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, in order to ensure quality care.
· Functions as a role model for current and new staff.
· Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the unit, as defined in the scope of service, to ensure that the unique nature of the patient is addressed. This includes, but is not limited to, the age of the patient served.
· Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
· Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and intra-departmentally to facilitate the department’s/unit’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.