At Premier Therapy Services, we are committed to promoting independent living by improving patients overall quality of life in a relaxed, comfortable setting. A comprehensive plan for care is developed by an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, therapists, and speech and language pathologists who respect the dignity and privacy of patients and their families. We look for skilled therapists interested in our results-oriented, ethically-driven, clinical approach, who enjoy working in a cooperative, positive team environment, and who are empathetic and caring towards all.
Meadow View Nursing & Respiratory Care Center located in Williamstown, NJ is looking for a part-time Physical Therapist to join their dedicated, compassionate team. At Meadow View Nursing & Respiratory Care Center, we offer our STAR (Specialized Therapy and Rehabilitation) Program which is a customized, intense, program for the complex sub-acute patient offering many wonderful amenities designed to speed them to a quick and successful recovery.
Implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principles and practices of physical therapy and with Premier Therapy Services’ policies and procedures. Evaluates patients, develops initial and ongoing treatment plans, develops discharge plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management and provides quality patient care; maintains positive level of interaction with patients and facility staff; adheres to applicable state regulations concerning physical therapy; refers patients for treatment to physical therapist assistant (PTA).
· Screening of all residents; evaluating and treating all patients who could benefit from intervention as referred by a state approved referral source; complying with Minimum Data Set (MDS) procedures and effective care planning; appropriately documenting progress toward identified objectives; and communicating patient status and needs to the patient, the patient’s family, the staff, and other professionals as appropriate.
· Refers patients for treatment to physical therapist assistant (PTA) by completing evaluation and initial plan of treatment, and communicating necessary and sufficient information.
· Provides clinical supervision to PTAs.
· Provides direct supervision of PTA and rehab aides in skilled tasks during group and individual treatment in accordance with State Practice Acts, Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act and Premier Therapy Services’ policies.
· Builds a strong rehabilitation practice within work location(s) by performing or directing and supervising physical therapy staff in the following activities: establishing and maintaining courteous and helpful interaction patterns Premier Therapy Services staff, patients, and families which reflect sensitivity to individual needs and a problem solving approach; actively integrating therapy’s role into facility and transdisciplinary treatment team; contributing to facility patient care, utilization review, case management, administrative staff/department head, and family conference activities/communications; establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with other health care professionals and colleagues in the community; making appropriate referrals to other members of the rehabilitation team; developing and implementing new programs/techniques to enhance rehabilitation services; adhering to established facility policies and procedures related to environmental safety, orderliness, risk management, infection control and emergency situations.
· Continues professional development by: expanding and enhancing clinical expertise, professional and management skills through interaction with managers, therapists and other professional staff, self-study, and other continuing education activities; maintaining valid state license; obtaining membership and participating in professional and community organizations; maintaining awareness of issues related to the profession of physical therapy and the health care environment.
· Maintains administration requirements by: submitting billing, payroll and expense documentation in an accurate and timely manner, assisting in collection of statistics and updating records; informing appropriate staff and managers of patient progress and facility issues; and contributing to facility rehab goals and plans.
· Understands managed care/Prospective Payment System (PPS) billing and treatment guidelines; provides quality care as well as reasonable goals and outcomes within the guidelines.
· Compliant with infection control procedures and environmental safety protocol within a location. Must embrace the team concept and transdisciplinary care.
· Maintains confidentiality of Premier Therapy Services, facility and patient information.
· Ability to travel between facilities within Premier Therapy Services’ locations to treat patients or to serve as a consultant to therapy staff as needed.
· Ability to work varying hours, including weekends and holidays.
· Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.