Responsible for non-medical, in-home support services which provide for the comfort, safety, and general supervision of clients as well as home management services. Provides companionship to those individuals requiring socialization and/or minimum guidance to assure a safe, protected, clean, and orderly environment.
- Provides general attention to clients’ non-medical needs in accordance with an established Plan of Care.
- Provides companionship for the client including, but not limited to: talking and listening, reading aloud, providing social and emotional support. Promotes the client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest. Provides emotional support and promotes a sense of well-being.
- Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens.
- May prepare and serve meals as directed. Ensures that dishes are washed and kitchen is clean after each meal.
- Assists client in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc. Accompanies client on walks, community trips, doctor’s office, bank, beauty salons, etc.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.