Spanish Analytical Linguist
Conduit Language Specialists began in 1999 when our founders saw a need for a company that would exceed the quality found in existing linguistic firms. From the very beginning, we have maintained a commitment to quality and excellence, first in providing unmatched interpreting services to law enforcement and later, as we expanded, to a wide range of clients in the medical, legal, and private business sectors.
To learn more about our company please visit our website at www.conduitlanguage.com
CAREER OPPORTUNITY –Flexible schedules, night and weekends available
Law Enforcement Agency
As a result of terrorist and illegal drug investigations, the Law Enforcement Agency has a critical need for additional linguists with a proficiency in Spanish to English.
CONDUIT LANGUAGE SPECIALISTS takes pride in providing the highest level of transcription/translation and linguist services to the Federal and State Governments.
We are looking for candidates with the following requirements:
- NATIVE understanding in Spanish, good knowledge of Spanish slang and cultural sensibilities.
- Great English communication skills
- Typical education and experience: HS diploma and 2-4 years general work experience. Work experience may be substituted for education and education may be substituted for work experience.
- Must meet suitability and eligibility requirements set forth by Law Enforcement Agency.
- Ability to pass a proficiency test.
- Ability to pass a 10-year scope background investigation (no arrests, no drug use, good credit).
- Native Spanish or Heritage Speakers
- Great writing/grammar skills in English and Spanish
- Great computer and typing skills (minimum 35-40 wpm)
- Team player, good work ethic, good under pressure
- Other duties as assigned
- Must successfully pass annual ISO requirements and be able to provide ILR/ACTFL recognized proof of proficiency every five years.
- Schedules are flex and weekend and night shifts available
- Any government Clearance a Plus.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements. All candidates must consent to a complete background investigation.
Be sure to attach resume with relevant translation experience when responding to this post.
Only those candidates determined to be best qualified will be contacted to proceed in the selection process.
Conduit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, sex, age, national origin, or sexual orientation. The provisions of this announcement do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Conduit hires only U.S. citizens or lawfully authorized alien workers. Provisions contained in this employment announcement may be modified or revoked.