Willis Group Holdings plc is a leading global insurance broker, developing and delivering professional insurance, reinsurance, risk management, financial and human resource consulting and actuarial services to corporations, public entities and institutions around the world. Willis has more than 400 offices in nearly 120 countries, with a global team of approximately 17,000 employees serving clients in virtually every part of the world.
The Senior Production Underwriter reviews accounts to determine acceptability within company underwriting authority. Completes underwriting and pricing of accepted accounts. If account is not within underwriting authority, prepares and submits it to the carrier; negotiates pricing and coverages. Initiates and assists Program Manager with developing business. Serves as primary contact for agents and brokers in servicing and quoting accounts. Serves as interface between carrier and agent. Handles account problems with the agent, company and Program Manager. The Senior Production Underwriter is responsible for managing the assigned territory and book of business. The primary job objectives of this position are: to grow the specific program book of business profitably through retention and new business goals established by the Program Manager; development of relationships with key program production sources in conjunction with the Program Manager.
- Assigned the larger, more complex accounts handled by the team
- Underwrites new and renewal program business for acceptability based on guidelines established by company and Willis Programs: reviews applications, coverages, classifications, exposures, financial condition and losses, claims and engineering reports; discusses pricing with producer, broker or agent; quotes accounts within authority;
- Submits accounts above authority to company with suggested pricing; negotiates pricing with company;
- Completes Account Summary for each account;
- Completes status of account form; reviews bound account information;
- Serves as primary contact for agents and brokers; serves as interface between carrier and agents/brokers;
- Responsible for coverage changes and policy form modifications: works in conjunction with company to provide modifications.
- Responds to phone calls, e-mails, faxes in a timely fashion
- Acts as departmental resource: answers technical and general questions from others in department.; provides guidance, direction and mentoring to team members as needed
- Approves endorsements outside authority of other team members and refers those outside own authority