COLUMBIAN CHEMICALS COMPANY
Directs the maintenance workforce, ensures their quality of work and provides onsite maintenance expertise to maintain and repair plant equipment, buildings and grounds in both planned and emergency situations. Works with various plant groups to champion proactive vs. reactive maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs maintenance workforce during emergency breakdowns and on a scheduled basis.
• Administers the Plant Maintenance budget and evaluates and recommends purchase of plant equipment.
• Investigates, assesses and recommends changes or modifications to plant equipment to improve productivity.
• Works with production groups to ensure first line maintenance activities are understood and performed by operators.
• Ensures safe work practices are followed by plant personnel.
• Resolves or participates in the resolution of technical, personnel and administrative opportunities which occur in the Maintenance Department.
• Works with planning and scheduling to ensure work plans are effective, efficient and scheduling is accurate.
• Works with Engineering and Technology to reach root causes and determine corrective actions.
• Responsible for providing guidance and support in the development and training of personnel.
• Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 5-10 years related experience in a manufacturing environment with positions of increasing responsibility specializing in maintenance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• Working knowledge of preventative/predictive/reliability principles and practices.
• Working knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word, Excel and other maintenance related software programs and CMMS systems
• Ability to effectively supervise personnel in a union environment
• Ability to be flexible and adaptive to rapidly changing priorities.
• Demonstrates traits that are critical to success of the company. Examples include:
• Planning and organizational skills
• Good communications skills (oral and written)
• Commitment to Safety
• Productive and efficient work style
• Courteous and respectful to others
• Challenges self and others to excellence