In 1986, Party City
opened our first one-stop party supply store in East Hanover, New Jersey, created to take the hassle out of party planning. In December of 2005, Party City
became a division of Amscan Holdings. Amscan designs, manufactures and distributes party goods, and maintains one of the largest and most varied product offerings in the industry. With the acquisition of Party America
in late 2006, we now have the number one and number two companies in the party industry and are well positioned to continue to dominate this business by blending the best of two superb companies. With the support of our parent company, our partners at Amscan, our over 750 stores and almost 300 corporate Associates, we are the biggest and best in this business and are excited to continue to serve our Customers and grow our company.
We offer a generous salary, great working environment, and some of the most incredible advancement opportunities in retail. Party City
also offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, vision and dental insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance, 401K, Associate discount and much more!
Manages store operations, following company-wide schedule of promotions and specials, scheduling working hours and supervising associates in stocking merchandise, arranging displays, operating checkout stations and providing customer service.
Additional Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
HR responsibilities; Recruit, Interview, Hire, Schedule, Train and Develop Staff in a safe environment
Store Sales responsibilities – maximize top 10 minimum Customer Service standards
Follows store operating procedures to SOP
Merchandise Ordering, Receiving
Merchandising to Corporate Plans
LP responsibilities to LP Best Practices
Fiscally responsible in maintaining controllable expenses budgets (payroll)
Manages/Analyzes the business through P & L statements
- Retains personnel and performs administrative duties:
- Interviews job applicants for sales positions, checks references, conducts background checks and offers position for employment.
- Recruits all hourly associates.
- Completes and submits new hire paperwork.
- Partners with HRM for coaching and counseling of associates, promotes or terminates when applicable.
- Conducts performance reviews of all store employees.
- Facilitates Orientation for all associates.
- Responsible for all employee relations.
- Writes weekly schedules to ensure proper coverage within corporate guidelines.
- Schedules work hours for all personnel with extra personnel assigned to handle peak customer traffic while minimizing total hours worked.
- Effectively communicates with the District Manager in regards to the store’s issues
- Refers all outside solicitations and requests to the District Manager.
- Supervisory functions:
- Supervises training of all new associates to operate cash registers, handle credit card sales, treat customers in a courteous manner and become familiar with merchandise and its location within the store. Utilizing top 10 standards for customer service.
- Store Appearance and Maintenance:
- Follows company schedule for special promotions and sales.
- Oversees merchandise displays.
- Supervises all aspects of store maintenance and appearance to ensure compliance with Party City standards (cleanliness of store, etc).
- Confirms that all special price signs are posted and registers have been updates to reflect daily price changes.
- Ordering and Merchandising:
- Orders merchandise and trains the Executive and Assistant Managers to do the same.
- Makes periodical physical spot checks of inventory to ensure that computerized records are being maintained accurately.
- Oversees all aspects of store merchandising while adhering to Party City merchandising philosophies, policies and procedures (maintaining plan-o-grams, seasonal set-ups, etc).
- Supervises Inventory Verification, Receiving and Cash Register Functions:
- Responsible for accurately maintaining the POS system and for controlling and minimizing shrinkage.
- Oversees receiving functions by ensuring that all receipts, transfers and RTVs are accurately recorded and verified. Ensures Receiver has been trained properly
- Oversees all aspects of the cash register functions by ensuring compliance with cash handling and bank deposit policies.
- Checks daily sales reports and cash receipts. Ensures the FES has been trained properly
- Makes sure that all monies are deposited regularly and that reports are sent to the central accounting office in a timely manner.
- Provides and maintains customer service:
- Monitors activity within the store to observe quality of customer service and provides assistance as required.
- Responsible and accountable for “P & L”.
- Maintains store payroll budgets.
- Manages controllable expenses.
- Develops EAM/AM towards promotability.