Growing organization in Washington, DC, had a need for a VP of RF Engineering. This is a full time position with a full benefits package. If interested, please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Basic Function: Manage all the RF engineering activities and scientific investigations as it relates to spectrum reallocations and emerging technologies. Cultivate and lead all internal scientific software development activities for the department and its lab. Performs technical analysis on new technologies, regulatory and legislative proposals and evaluates their impact on company. Operate and manage laboratory and field projects. Represent the department in technical, regulatory and other scientific forums.
- Oversee and manage all the RF engineering activities relating to spectrum management and reallocation issues
- Lead the development of all aspects of software programming for business and scientific applications. Manage all software development activities and projects for the Technology department
- Initiate, conduct and/or manage all scientific and technical investigations aimed at introducing and/or implementing new and enhanced broadcast and wireless services and advanced technologies, such as mobile services
- Research, analyze and author technical and scientific documents to assist in formulating positions and strategies
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge in RF communications, ionospheric and tropospheric propagation
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge in all current general purposes and scientific programming languages, and operating systems.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge in wireless communication networks systems, especially for mobile and multi-media applications
- Conduct and manage laboratory and field experiments and projects dealing with broadcast and non-broadcast operations and applications
- Other responsibilities as needed and/or assigned by supervisor
Internal Relations: Reports to Senior Vice President, Technology and the CTO
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science. An advanced science degree is desirable.
- Ten years of experience in the digital wireless communication is required with a strong computer software development and programing experience.
- Experience in execution and implementation of RF software technologies and development.
- A strong working knowledge technical principles used in communications with special emphasis in digital multi-media and mobile wireless communications
- Expert knowledge in spectrum allocation and management
- A working knowledge of operating electronic testing and measurement equipment in a laboratory and field environment
Minimum Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer experience in development of software for business and scientific applications. Programming knowledge and expertise in C / C++, Java, HTML, LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) and CSS and higher order scientific languages. Also working knowledge :in TCP/IP, PERL,Net, Ruby on Rails, Hadoop, iOS (Objective C), Android (Jave / Webkit), SSL, OpenGL is desirable
- Ability to research and analyze complex engineering and regulatory issues
- Good project management skills
- Knowledge of RF, tropospheric and ionospheric radio propagation
- Strong background in statistical analysis and critical thinking
- The position may require some travel