Our client is a Fortune 1000 publicly owned corporation with operations worldwide. They are a leading, energy efficient manufacturer of electrical and mechanical motion control and power generation products serving markets throughout the world. Annual sales exceed $3B. Our client, with over 25,000 employees worldwide is headquartered in Beloit, Wisconsin, and has technology, manufacturing, sales, and service facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, China, India, Thailand and Australia.
Our client has been listed as one of "America's Best-Managed Companies" on Forbes magazine's 400 Best Big Companies list (January 2007), and as one of "America's Fastest Growing Companies" in Fortune magazine (September 2007).
We convert power into motion to help the world run more efficiently.
We are currently seeking a Sourcing Manager – Electronics for our Fort Wayne, IN location.
The Sourcing Manager will lead and develop a team of strategic Commodity Managers and provide a leadership role in all commodity activities for the Electronics team focusing on key sourcing objectives, new product development cycles and major supplier conversion initiatives. This position will provide input and expert advice to senior Sourcing management, Supply Chain Managers and Plant Material Managers. Additionally, this position will be the expert liaison between Electronics engineering teams and Electronics supply base. We are open to placing this position at either our Fort Wayne or Tipp City Sourcing locations.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads cross-functional and multi-location projects
- Manages major Procurement Projects & Initiatives
- Review project proposals and implementation plans
- Drive process improvement for Sourcing
- Manages Sr. Commodity Managers, Commodity Managers and Commodity Specialists, that report to the Electronics Team
- Sets vision and strategy for the Electronics Team
- Oversees negotiations and manages supplier contracts of team to ensure objectives are met
- Complete annual individual KPIs and managing those of his/her team