Become a part of a top-notch institution that understands the value of providing quality service. NJM Bank offers lending and deposit products to commercial and personal banking customers. NJM Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company (NJM), headquartered in West Trenton, NJ. In addition, NJM and NJM Bank have offices in Parsippany and Hammonton, NJ.
Similar to the Insurance Company, NJM Bank strives to meet customer expectations for quality service and cares about developing and maintaining long-term business relationships.We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic mortgage underwriting supervisor (the NJM official title for this position is Mortgage Loan Officer), to join our team at the West Trenton office. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the origination and processing of mortgage and consumer loans from application through closing. Will also participate in the supervision and direction of the loan processing staff in order to maximize the department’s efficiencies with regard to loan closings. Duties also include the underwriting and approval of loans in accordance with Bank Policies, guidelines and respective lending authority.
- Will participate in the supervision and the training of the loan origination staff regarding originations, processing, and collections. Processing of mortgage loans, will include loan decisions, within Bank and regulatory guidelines and using knowledge of compliance laws and regulations related to lending activity.
- Review new consumer and mortgage loan applications and loan documents and review and/or complete the underwriting process.
- Assist when required, loan servicing in processing closed/paid off loans, assist in balancing of checks and submitting daily work to accounting dept., following up missing items, i.e. titles, mortgages, insurance policies, etc., filing functions, and performing other duties as assigned.
- Provide service to customers in accordance with established Bank service and quality standards. Interview customers and handle phone inquiries and cross-sell Bank products with consideration of customer needs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new Bank products & governmental regulatory laws.