The Goddard School® Houston (West), TX, an early childhood education center, is currently seeking a full time Kitchen Assistant at 1720 Crescent Plaza Drive, Houston, TX 77077. Candidate must have current food handler’s certificate, ability to create and manage budget and inventory, prepare menus, and calculate portions. Experience is needed to prepare lunch and snacks following USDA nutritional guidelines for preschool age children. Initial working hours will be 6:30am to 4:00pm with an hour and a half break in between. Hours may fluctuate slightly depending on need.
Please reply to job posting or submit resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This position will pay between $7.50 and $8.00 an hour depending on experience.
Possible job duties include but not limited to:
- Preparing fresh fruit, vegetables, and other food products
- Serving breakfast if needed; heating and serving lunch for all classrooms
- Serving a morning and afternoon snack for all classrooms
- Writing and preparing snack menus
- Calculating portion sizes
- Cleaning and washing prep table, sweeping and mopping the floors, and cleaning and organizing the prep fridge and pantry
- Rinsing kitchen equipment and cutting boards
- Maintaining overall cleanliness in the kitchen
- Budgeting, managing, and ordering inventory
- Assisting in other areas as needed assigned by management