Providing linkage, resources, and referrals to other community based service.
Providing individual, family, and group counseling.
Depending on specific program assignment, may perform any or all of the following:
• Under direction of the Program Manager/Coordinator, provide individual, group, and family counseling, and educational classes.
• Maintain a caseload of a minimum of fifteen clients.
• Consult with the Program Manager/Coordinator on content and process of counseling, and maintain a caseload as required by the funding agency.
• Maintain a caseload in compliance with all agency policies and procedures as well as federal, state, county, and local regulations.
• Collect information related to the client's socio-economic history, treatment history, and other information related to the formulation of a treatment plan.
• Assist clients in formulating a treatment plan at intake and make revisions as necessary.
• Make progress notes on clients on his/her caseload and review the treatment record with the Program Manager/Coordinator regularly.
• Help plan and supervise the daily client schedule.
• Attend meetings and case conferences, and training as assigned.
• Perform routine urinalysis on clients.
• Maintain a working knowledge of existing local, private and public community programs, the services they provide, and their eligibility requirements.
• Maintain good working relationships with local linkage and referral agencies.
• Provides crisis intervention and facilitates conflict resolution.
• Contact new referrals immediately upon receipt. Performs intake assessments and report back difficulties engaging clients into the program to the Program Manager/Coordinator and work collaboratively to resolve the issues at hand.
• Assesses and monitors condition of client to evaluate success of treatment and adapts interventions as needed.
• Provides counseling services to include assessment of client/family needs, referral, links and support in accessing community services, psychiatrist, medical care, housing, rehabilitation programs, and social activity groups.
• Monitors and maintains documentation of client services within the clients chart, ensuring compliance with Agency policies and procedures, SAPC contract and other related agencies’ standards and guidelines.
• Attends and participates in program, Agency staff meetings; and related community agency meetings as required/requested.
• Provide transportation for clients for (i.e. court, children’s visits, medical appointments, probation meeting) if needed.