KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of wire preparation. This includes wire cutting (specific lengths), wire striping, wire terminating (installing terminals on ends of wire) and soldering
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings and work from these documents
- Working knowledge of power and non power hand tools such as a drill press, metal cutting devices, drill, rivet gun, screw driver, tape measure…
- Flexibility to move from job to job. We do not have a production line environment with many people doing only one job each. Typically our production technicians are assembling a wire harness from beginning to end. This includes kitting parts from inventory, electro-mechanical assembly, quality documentation such as test records, actually performing quality tests, and even as far as helping with shipping and receiving.
- Experience with resistance, hi-pot, continuity and computerized testing using tools such as a DVM/DMM (digital volt meter / digital multi meter)
- Able to measure in both English and metric units and be able to convert back and forth between the two ‘on the fly’