The Manufacturing Cost Analyst position takes full responsibility for the forecasting, reporting, and analysis of financial results for the assigned manufacturing locations. It partners with the plant manager and operations personnel, providing full financial support in both performance management and evaluation of improvement opportunities. The position will also act as a financial liaison between the Manufacturing and the Business Operations organizations, promoting the understanding of the cost structures and impact of plant results to the businesses.
Accurate and timely manufacturing operations financial forecasting within the framework of the corporate planning and forecasting process
Timely and clear communication of the cost impact of manufacturing performance, decisions and actions, both near term and long-range, by site, business, and project
Financial decision support for both site and corporate manufacturing management
Coordination of manufacturing financial reporting and analysis with corporate and business reporting and analysis
* Ownership of the weekly/monthly/quarterly site financial forecasting process
* Provide analysis and communicate explanations of fluctuations in actual manufacturing operating results when compared to budget, forecast, prior year and prior periods.
* Prepare and distribute manufacturing analysis reports and presentations to manufacturing teams and management.
* Develop a partnership with the manufacturing management to drive profits for the company
* Provide financial decision support to site management for manufacturing projects and improvements
* Spotlight areas of concern to aid in meeting objectives of manufacturing management.
* Direct the preparation of Annual Operating Plan for manufacturing
* Facilitate the understanding of cost systems and structures for both manufacturing and business operations personnel
* Work to improve business reporting and analysis tools and processes to facilitate timely identification of issues and decision-making.
* Provide support to manufacturing accounting, corporate accounting, and external reporting as needed to ensure timely and accurate financial results and reporting