- Bachelor Degree preferred (International Trade, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, or educational equivalent - Applicable work experience is considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of operational experience in worldwide logistics and import / export operations, involving coordination, planning, scheduling, expediting, tracking, etc. to include exposure to freight forwarding, trade compliance, International import / export, customs clearance and regulations, FDA interaction, cargo loading and unloading, inbound and outbound delivery, 3PL, 3PW, drayage and container unloads, freight claims, etc.
- Experience solving issues with materials and equipment logistics for or from international and domestic locations.
- International trade and logistics background highly preferred (international shipments, import / export documentation, letters of credit (L/C's), freight forwarding, INCO terms, classification of merchandise under the Harmonized Tariff System, customs, Latin America, etc.)
- Solid skills in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
- Exposure to ERP / MRP Systems (i.e. SAP, Oracle, Sage, Epicor, Microsoft Dynamics, Abas, Lawson, etc.) preferred
- Deadline oriented, with solid multi-tasking abilities
- Highly focused, pays close attention to detail; good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong orientation toward internal and external customer service and customer satisfaction
- A proven record of high-level work ethic demonstrated by energy, self-motivation, efficiency, and effective time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate across all organization levels
Other key words: Supply Chain, Logistics, Intermodal, Land / Sea / Air, Vessel, Trucking, Truck, Airline, truck, sea, International Trade, Import / Export, International Transport & Cargo, Logistical Planning, Logistics / Shipment Coordination, Customs Clearance, Incoterms, Freight Forwarding, Transportation Management, Drayage, Cargo Consolidation, Warehousing / Storage, Containerization, Export Packing, Materials Management, Pre-shipment Inspection & Testing, IMDG (International Maritime Dangerous Goods) Master Scheduling, Third Party Warehousing (3PW), Demand Evaluation & Planning, Third Party Logistics (3PL), Shipping Services, Cargo Loading and Unloading, Letters of Credit, Inco Terms, Inco-terms, Incoterms, Order Fufillment..
For immediate consideration please forward resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Rice Professional Search
363 N. Sam Houston Pkwy East
Houston, Texas 77060