1622 Oaks Road
Racine, WI 53406
$17.00 - $17.75 /Hour
Repair / Maintenance Services
Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts
Installation - Maint - Repair
Skilled Labor - Trades
Looking to join a company with an exciting future and excellent benefits? Be a part of our World Class Organization. Durham School Services, a subsidiary of National Express Corporation, a well known provider of School Bus Services in Canada and North America has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic at our facility in Racine, WI 53406. Key accountabilities for this position include customer satisfaction, productivity, technical skills and knowledge, teamwork, personal and facility image and safety as well as a commitment to Excellence.
- Minimum recommended hand tools for Class I Mechanic
- High school graduate or equivalent education, training and experience
- Ideally have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems
- Must pass DOT pre-employment physical drug screen and background check
- Shift Hours 12:00 till 8:30 p.m.
Qualified Candidates should have:
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years truck repair experience
- ASE Certification desirable
- Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred)
Paid Time off Policies
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Dependent Life Insurance
Short and Long Term Disability Options
Dental Insurance & Vision Insurance
401 (k) with Company Match
Paid Holidays & Paid Vacation
Flexible Spending Account options
Durham School Services
1622 Oaks Road
Racine, WI 53406
Fleet Diesel Mechanic - Tech I - To diagnose malfunctions and repair buses and perform preventative maintenance within qualification level to established standards of safe and reliable operation and in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
"Our Commitment Is To Deliver Fleet Excellence Every Time"
NEC provides student-busing services throughout North America using a shared service model. The fleet operation is comprised of approximately 200 locations in approximately 30 States and 2 Provinces. Within this context, this position is responsible for leading and/or providing technical repair and maintenance services for the fleet in an assigned location (in the United States or Canada) and:
1. Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
2. Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
3. Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
4. Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
5. Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
6. Advises Lead Technician of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
7. Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.