ATK Advanced Signals & Cyber provides leading edge research, application development, system integration, and product development for wireless communications and signal processing mission needs. The ATK AS&C team relies on a breadth of Digital Communications, Software, and Systems Engineers to deliver innovative and affordable solutions to its customers.
Job Description: Digital Communications Engineer
ATK Aerospace Systems seeks a Digital Communications Engineer to perform leading-edge research and development in the area of digital communications and signal processing with emphasis in 3G/4G wireless protocols. Responsibilities include:
- Development of digital communications algorithms
- Implementation of real-time algorithms in Python/C++ on Linux platforms
- Representation of ideas in the form of white papers and technical reports
- Close interaction with software development team
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related field; M.S. preferred
- Minimum of 4 years directly related digital communications and digital signal processing experience with a B.S. (minimum of 2 years experience with an M.S.)
- Experience in the following areas: Modulation, detection, estimation, and coding; Real-time digital signal processing algorithms; Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to acquire a U.S. Government security clearance which generally requires U.S. citizenship as a pre-requisite; current active clearance strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of LTE and UMTS wireless protocols
- Software development experience with Python/C++
- Experience with the Linux development environment
- Experience in simulation and analysis using MATLAB
- Current active security clearance strongly preferred
Competencies for Success
- Excellent Communication Skills, with ability to communicate at detailed technical level as well as distill advanced concepts into fundamental principles for teammates
- Agility to perform in a multi-disciplinary research environment
This position can be filled at a lower level depending on skills, experience, and education.
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in the highly dynamic national security and communications environments. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
C++ - Python –– UMTS – WiMax – GSM – CDMA – 3G – 4G – Protocols – MATLAB – Real-time – Radio – Communication – Communications – DSP – Digital Signal Processing – wireless – wireless protocols – algorithms – algorithm – software coding – software code - coding – Python/C++ -– software development – Engineer – Electrical Engineer – Computer Engineer – Communication theory – Modulation – detection – estimation – coding ––– LTE – UMTS –WCDMA - Wireless protocol – UMTS Wireless Protocol – GNU – GNU Tools –– Software defined radio – SDR – GNU radio – LTE – LTE Wireless Protocol – CDMA – CDMA Wireless protocol – 3G protocol – 4G protocol -
ATK Category: Engineering and Sciences
Job Type: Full Time
Location: CA Monterey OR MD Beltsville
Nearest Major Market: Monterey or Washington DC
Job Segments: Aerospace Engineering, Communications, Developer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Engineer, Engineering, Government, Linux, Marketing, Network, Research, Security Clearance, Software Engineer, Technology, Telecom, Telecommunications