Experience: 2 years
Cisco Telecom Network Analyst
CCCi has an opportunity for a Cisco Telecom Network Analyst to join our energy client in Plainfield, Indiana. The Telecom Network Analyst monitors, manages, and maintains the enterprise data network. This position will require strong analytical and problem solving skills and will work in a dedicated group that focuses on data network service restoration and analysis of application problems within the enterprise.
Cisco Telecom Network Analyst Responsibilities:
- Monitor various tools (BMC Event Manager, HP NNMi, Solarwinds) for network alarms.
- Timely resolution to trouble tickets submitted to Data Network Support from Enterprise Help Desk and various support groups within the enterprise.
- Will be working a lot with trouble tickets.
- Use network protocol analyzers to resolve application problems.
- Configure, install and maintain Cisco LAN/WAN switches and routers.
- Configure, install and maintain Cisco Wireless LAN access points.
- Requires on-call (24/7) support approximately every 9 weeks.
Cisco Telecom Network Analyst Required Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree.
- Experience working Level 2 network support issues.
- Experience working in an operational environment with emphasis on data network problem isolation and resolution.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco enterprise networking products.
- Experience troubleshooting WAN technologies such as T1, DS3 and SONET technologies.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and IP subnetting.
- Strong customer service skills a must.
- Strong written and oral communications.
- Strong team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments.
Cisco Telecom Network Analyst Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with Remedy a plus.
- Four year degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- CCNA or CCNP
- Experience troubleshooting 802.11 wireless networks.
- Experience with network protocol analyzers.
- Proven experience in an operational environment in a large data center.
- Proven ability to speak and write about complex technical topics to a less technical audience.
- High level of understanding business functions and ability to discern impact of requests/problems on the ongoing operations of the business.
TCP/IP, CCNA, CCNP, LAN, WAN, T1, DS3, SONET, Cisco, BMC Event Manager, HP NNMi, Solarwinds, Remedy