Sargent & Lundy's Power Delivery Services business unit currently has an opportunity for a Wiring Designer in its Chicago, Illinois office.
This position will offer you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with engineers and other designers involved in high voltage substation design. Your responsibilities will include:
•Preparation of the following design deliverables based on input from substation design and protection and control engineers:
• Single Line Relaying & Metering Diagrams
• AC & DC Schematic Diagrams
• Equipment Interconnection Wiring Diagrams
• Cable Schedules
•Providing technical guidance and mentoring to new designers
•Interpreting and incorporating vendor information into design deliverables
•Walkdowns at client substation facilities
This position requires minimum 2 years experience in the preparation and review of wiring diagrams for high voltage substations (138kV and above).
Essential skills and experience:
• An Associate's Degree in drafting or equivalent technical experience.
• Advanced knowledge of computer drafting tools (i.e. AutoCAD or MicroStation).
• Ability to visualize parts in 3D without the aid of the computer.
• Ability to multi-task from project to project.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
• Associate's Degree in Computer Aided Design.
• Experience using AutoCad and MicroStation software.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the ability to relate various equipment to a technical design.
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.