Join our team and take your career to the next level. Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 48 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.
I. Position Objective
Providing outstanding customer service with every call. Responsible for answering ACD Calls promptly as defined by call center metrics. Voice Repair Rep may be required to open a New Case or provide the customer with a current status on an existing case. Representative should provide accurate and detailed notes on the case to enable Voice Repair Techs to expediently resolve the issue on the customer’s line/s. Answering customers inquires should be handled confidently and with accuracy of current information Voice Repair Rep is required to note the case/account on all customer interactions. Responsible for providing feature and voice mail support to achieve first call resolution when possible.
II. Position Activities
1. Ability to answer ACD calls in call center/technical support center in a professional manner.
2. Open Trouble Tickets with accurate and detailed notes for the customer.
3. Provide the customer with informative updates on all customer inquiries.
4. Provide initial assistance and support to the customer on feature and voice mail issues to achieve first call resolution when possible.
5. Open Trouble Tickets as needed on emails received from customers or other internal departments.
6. Follow escalation procedures in order to resolve and meet restoration time frames according to policy.
7. Must update the trouble ticket with detailed notes on all customer inquiries or customer contact.
8. Place follow up calls to customers on existing trouble tickets as requested by Management Personnel.
9. Perform basic servord/translations in the DMS/5ESS/Sonus/Voxip switch as needed.
10. Technician must be punctual and is required to be on time for scheduled work shift and follow all breaks and lunch schedules.
11. Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
12. Overtime may be required outside of your normal shift hours and may include weekends and Holidays
VI. Skills – Essential and Preferred
*Basic knowledge of telecommunications
*At least 6 months experience working in a telecommunications environment
*At least 6 months experience working in a call center environment.
*Excellent Typing/Data Entry skills.
*Works well independently
*Ability to operate a PC.
*Ability to solve problems independently through analysis with little direction from Management Personnel.
*Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
*Ability to deal effectively with stress of workload and customers.
*Ability to manage time and workload to effectively handle job requirements.
*Ability to meet deadlines and multitask several projects at one time.
*Excellent customer relations abilities, including strong listening and good communication skills
*Excellent verbal and written communications skills along with the ability to relate and communicate with people effectively.
*Strong interpersonal skills and excellent telephone manners.
*Knowledge of standard office and department practices and procedures.
*Perform basic switch functions (5E, DMS, VoxIP, Sonus)
*Experience working in RIO/Clarify/Remedy
*Ability to operate personal computers and be familiar with Window based operating systems and Microsoft products
*Knowledge of Centigram, Octel, and IP Unity Voice Messaging Systems
*Knowledge of Windstream products and services.
High School diploma or equivalent and at least 6 months experience. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.
Professional Dues Reimbursement
Career Development and Training
Paid Time Off
Medical and Dental Insurance Options
Prescription Drug Plan and Vision Coverage
Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) Plan With Employer Match
Experience the benefits of a growing company
For all that you put into your job, you deserve the best in return. From a friendly, team-based environment to progressive salaries and health plans, our benefits work hard for you. See for yourself.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE/AAP Employer.
There is no relocation package offered for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package,
and opportunities to grow your career within an excellent working environment.
WINDSTREAM IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.