Sargent & Lundy's Power Delivery Services business unit currently has an opportunity for a Physical Designer in its Chattanooga, Tennessee office.
Duties include working in a project team environment with engineers and other designers involved in high and extra high voltage substation design. Responsibilities will include:
•Preparing of the following substation drawings:
• Substation General Arrangement
• Substation Electrical Equipment Plans
• Substation Section Views (Elevations)
• Substation Detailed Bill of Material
• Substation Lightning Stroke Shielding Plan
• Substation Grounding Plan
• Substation Conduit, Electrical Connection and Grounding Details
• Substation Below Grade Conduit/Raceway Plan
• Control Building Equipment, Cable Tray, Lighting, Grounding Plans and Sections
•Interpreting and incorporating vendor information into design deliverables.
•Performing walkdowns at client facilities.
•Applying client's standards related to the work.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years electrical substation physical design experience.
• An Associate's Degree in drafting or equivalent technical experience.
• Advanced knowledge of computer drafting tools (i.e. AutoCAD or MicroStation).
• Ability to visualize Equipment Details, Phase to Ground and Phase to Phase Clearances.
• Ability to multi-task from project to project.
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.