The Center Medical Director working in coordination with the other members of the Center Leadership Team and under direction of the Regional Medical Director (RMD) and/or Area/Associate Medical Director (AMD) shall deliver the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. As a member of the Center Leadership Team, the CMD interacts and consults with other team members as it pertains to center activities such as interviewing, hiring, disciplinary process, coaching and other responsibilities as needed. Concentra is recruiting for a Board Certified, Michigan Licensed Physician for our Center Medical Director Position in Downtown Detroit (Jefferson). Candidates with Occupational Medicine and Urgent Care experience preferred.
Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service by self and the center colleagues by putting all customers (internal and external) first and displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Participates with other Center Medical Directors to provide consistent medical practice in an area/region.
- Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with Concentra’s medical model and standard of care.
- Sets level of medical care and quality for patients and monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury and/or at any significant change in status.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Implements policy and protocol defined by Regional Medical Director, Medical Advisory Committee and Chief Medical Officer.
- Meets with RMD and/or AMD about quality of care, policy, procedure and records issues and to develop best practice medical and process management protocols.
- Meets with staff clinicians and ancillary support staff about practice patterns and Concentra philosophy.
- Meets with center clinicians and ancillary support staff as necessary to review outcome data and other quality management metrics and assure proficiency in the policies, procedures and care protocols.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Work with the Physical Therapist to develop appropriate therapy treatments.
- Responsible for decisions and/or input relating to hiring, transfers, disciplinary actions, grievance discussions, coaching development and recommendation of actions, demotions, and termination decisions as applicable for specific discipline and/or center support staff.
- Consults with, and provides feedback to, the Center Leadership Team regarding the eligibility of the candidate(s) for hiring.
- Conducts and supervises orientation and training for center medical support staff, clinicians and students covering Concentra’s standard of care, philosophy, protocols and process management, as applicable.
- Participates in continuing education programs for center clinicians and back office medical support staff.
- Provides input and participates in decisions regarding the center’s staff schedules to ensure efficient productivity while meeting client needs.
- Conducts performance management process of clinicians in conjunction with the RMD/AMD, and with input from Center Leadership Team.
- Coaches clinicians and colleagues on service, performance and other job related issues, as appropriate and necessary.
- Addresses clinician disciplinary concerns and participates in the disciplinary action discussions, as applicable with the AMD/RMD (after consultation with management and HR).
- Monitors center clinician performance and determines if issue(s) have been corrected and/or if further development/disciplinary action is necessary.
- Promotes and ensures clinician development and a positive and effective team environment.
- Consults with Regional Medical Director and/or Area Medical Director on recruiting activities and candidates; additional consultation as required to staff and support market-based worksite, mobile and episodic care services.
Center Leadership Team Responsibility
- Interacts and consults with each member of the Center Leadership Team (CLT) regarding the center activities such as:
- Center strategy and growth;
- Participation in the periodic CLT and center staff meetings;
- Determine best recruiting requirements necessary to meet job/position requirements and center objectives.
- Consult as a team on the hiring decisions of the best candidates who:
- Possess the required qualifications/skills and behavioral competencies;
- Will meet company/center service standards and position expectations; and
- Displays the manner/attitude, philosophy and characteristics to support the Company’s core values.
- Participate as a team member on center staff performance management including performance evaluation, disciplinary actions and termination decisions, as applicable and appropriate. Colleague performance management to include:
- Provide regular coaching & feedback to improve colleague performance.
- Empower center colleagues to assess center processes and work flows to continuously improve the patient experience.
- Assign/delegate duties with follow up to ensure completion.
- Provide input into support staff and clinician work schedule management.
- Other center leadership team responsibilities that may arise as needed.
Center Operations/Customer Relationship Management
- Works closely with the Center Operations Director to facilitate efficient operations.
- Develops effective client relations and engages in projects and activities that develop or improve services for client companies.
- Participates in new business development including client meetings and presentations as needed.
- Perform site visits as needed to new and existing companies in an effort to solidify relationships with client companies.
Provides budget input and meets with the Regional/Area Leadership to review budget performance .
Directly: Medical office support staff, staff physicians, and mid-level clinicians.
Indirectly: Medical office administrative support staff.
- Medical Center environment.
- Minimal travel.
- Overtime as required.
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.