ATK Advanced Signals & Cyber provides leading edge research, application development, system integration, and product development for wireless communications and signal processing mission needs. The ATK AS&C team relies on a breadth of Digital Communications, Software, and Systems Engineers to deliver innovative and affordable solutions to its customers.
Job Description: Software Engineer – Wireless Communications
ATK Aerospace Systems seeks a Software Engineer with interest in wireless communications and digital signal processing. Successful candidate will develop and integrate leading-edge real-time wireless communications systems on Linux platforms. Software development roles include real-time algorithm implementation in Python/C++, code optimization, software configuration management, and integration and testing in customer systems.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field; M.S. preferred
- Minimum of 10 years directly related software engineering experience with a B.S. (minimum of 7 years experience with an M.S.)
- Experience in developing real-time algorithms in Python/C++
- Experience in software development and system integration on Linux platforms
- Ability to acquire a U.S. Government security clearance which generally requires U.S. citizenship as a pre-requisite; current active clearance strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of digital communications theory and digital signal processing
- Knowledge of LTE and UMTS wireless protocols
- Experience with GNU, X-Midas, and related development frameworks
- Experience writing GUI software
- Experience with full lifecycle system development including design, development, test, release, and maintenance
- Current active security clearance strongly preferred
Competencies for Success
- Excellent Communicator that thrives in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes research, development, and integration activities
- Practitioner of design and configuration management for complex software architectures distributed across multiple platforms
This position can be filled at a lower level depending on skills, experience, and education.
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in the highly dynamic national security and communications environments. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
C++ - Python – Python/C++ - GNU- GNU Tools - GNU Radio – Linux – MATLAB – LTE – LTE Wireless Protocol - UMTS – WiMax – GSM – CDMA – 3G – 4G – Protocols – 3G protocol – 4G protocol – Real-time – Radio – Communication – Communications – DSP – Digital Signal Processing – wireless – wireless protocols – algorithms – algorithm – software coding – software code - coding – software development – Engineer – Electrical Engineer – Computer Engineer – Communication theory – UMTS –WCDMA - Wireless protocol – UMTS Wireless Protocol – Software defined radio – SDR – CDMA Wireless protocol – Configuration Management – Agile Software Development
ATK Category: Engineering and Sciences
Job Type: Full Time
Location: CA Monterey OR MD Beltsville
Nearest Major Market: Monterey or Washington DC
Job Segments: Aerospace Engineering, Communications, Developer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Engineer, Engineering, Government, Linux, Marketing, Network, Research, Security Clearance, Software Engineer, Technology, Telecom, Telecommunications