Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
- This position will offer you the opportunity to work with a project team consisting of electrical and structural engineering personnel to develop transmission line designs up to 765kV. Your responsibilities will include development of:
•Development of transmission line plans & profile drawings
•Transmission Line Hardware Details
• Coordinate and provide guidance to other designers and project team members to ensure a complete and timely design.
• Independently plan and execute design deliverables.
• There may be the opportunity to conduct field walkdowns and data gathering at client facilities.
• Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced drafters and designers.
Essential skills and experience:
• An Associate's Degree in drafting, or a high school diploma and 1 or more years drafting course work or equivalent technical experience.
• 10 or more years of detailed design experience in the development of transmission line design drawings.
• Proficiency with PLS-CADD.
• Experience in the review transmission line drawings.
• Ability to interface with engineering and design teams of other disciplines in the Power Delivery Services design process.
Valued but not required experience:
• Proficiency with MicroStation.
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V