The GMS Engineer reports to the Director of Application Architecture and Delivery and is responsible for the design, implementation and support of technology tools that enable Concentra to operate a continuously available, high performance, efficient enterprise computing platform. The GMS Engineer shall contribute to the charge in building a world class integrated tools ecosystem, and as such must have a broad range of technical knowledge and experience.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with complex solution architecture efforts, including defining, design efforts and leading in implementation of Enterprise Tools solutions as required.
- Engineer and design systems, application frameworks, components and services as they relate to EMS / NMS environments and ITSM.
- Contribute to engineering efforts in the Fault, Performance, Trend, Config, Change and Reporting Management domains as related to NMS architectures and platforms.
- Drive execution on engineering methodologies, guidelines, standards, best practices, and reference architectures related to the project.
- Plan, design, implement and operate Enterprise Management systems as they apply to systems, applications, services, networks and network security operations.
- Expertise and experience with Fault, Performance, Trend, Config, Change and Reporting Management platforms.
- Experience in J2EE based EMS/ NMS development platforms highly desirable;
- Good working experience in relational databases, SQL, Oracle DB, and related technologies.
- Experience with webservices, Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), distributed development.
- Understanding of IP concepts, technologies and addressing including CIDR and VLSM.
- Functional knowledge is a must for the following protocols and systems: Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Sonet, ATM, TCP/IP, MPLS, and LAN switching technologies.
- Hands on Operating Systems experience with specific emphasis on UNIX, Linux and Microsoft products.
- Expertise / experience deploying, configuring and operating enterprise systems, application and end-user monitoring tools.
- Expertise / experience deploying, configuring and operating event correlation technologies and NOC operational views.
- Expertise / experience deploying, configuring and operating enterprise configuration management tools (CMDB-Discovery-etc).
- Expertise / experience deploying, configuring and operating enterprise service management tools (Incident/Problem/Change).
- Expertise / experience deploying, configuring and operating enterprise capacity management tools.
- Expertise / experience deploying, configuring and operating Enterprise Log & Event Management tools (Splunk)
- Must have good project management skills and possess the demonstrated ability to lead a project from inception to completion.
- Must possess deep understanding of IT Strategy and IT transformation with extensive experience and skills pertaining to IT Service Management and ITIL v3 industry practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent work experience.
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.