Healthcare - Health Services
Sales - Marketing
Accounting - Finance
U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group was founded in 1995 and is a leading national provider of occupational medicine and urgent care services. Operating 115 medical centers in 13 states with over 2,400 employees, including approximately 350 physicians, U.S. HealthWorks serves over 10,000 patients each day. We help employers control the cost of work-related injuries through quality medical care and effective management of claims and lost work time.
Description: U.S. HealthWorks , one of the nation's leaders in Occupational Medicine, is currently seeking Director of Compliance based out of the Sacramento office. U.S. HealthWorks offers a full array of occupational healthcare services to employer clients through our network of freestanding medical centers nationwide. The Director of Compliance is tasked with some of the following responsibilities: identify compliance needs; maintain a strategy for corporate compliance; create, update, and/or maintain compliance policies and procedures; maintain/update a compliance manual; direct implementation of and ensure continued adherence to compliance policies and procedures; maintain relationships and interact with regulators; handle reporting issues; review draft legislation regarding compliance; train employees on matters of compliance, HIPAA and privacy; maintain and update a code of ethics; oversee and/or conduct internal investigations; and work with IT department to ensure data systems comply with regulatory requirements. Reports to the Vice President & General Counsel. Qualifications:
• Ability to communicate well verbally and in written form. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party payor coding and billing regulations. Strong analytical skills required to direct regulatory investigations.
• Effective public speaking skills and the ability to articulate complex regulatory information in understandable terms.
• Ability to manage the Company’s corporate compliance policies and procedures
• Knowledge of health care administration, center philosophy and policies and operating procedures.
• Knowledge of fiscal management practices and human resource management techniques.
• Knowledge of health care administration systems.
• Knowledge of governmental regulations/affairs Skills Required:
• Five (5) plus years conducting complex compliance investigation within the health care industry.
• Five (5) plus years of managerial/supervisory experience.
• Extensive report development experience and Policy & Procedure development experience.
• Extensive knowledge of healthcare regulatory standards.
• Juris Doctorate or Paralegal We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please refer to the Job Description for the qualifications.