Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
Sargent & Lundy's Power Delivery Services business unit currently has an opportunity for a Substation Testing & Commissioning Specialist in its Chicago, Illinois office.
This position will offer you the ability to directly apply your knowledge of commissioning and startup for high voltage substations. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Oversight of project specific testing activities
• Provide interface between testing contractors/subcontractors and client
• Create project specific testing and commissioning plans
• Create project specific site work plans
• Review of test data to client standards and review of in-service test data (load flow verification)
• Monitor relay testing and review of relay settings
• Monitor functional testing in accordance with the three-line current and potential and schematic diagrams
• Monitor and review of testing of SCADA and communication systems
• Troubleshoot issues that arise during testing activities
Essential skills and experience:
• This position requires a BSEE from an ABET-accredited or engineering program.
• Knowledge of power system theory including EHV protection
• Familiarity with microprocessor protection relays used in electric utility substations rated 138kV and above. Should have a knowledge of relays from ABB, AREVA, Siemens, SEL, etc.
• Ability to read and understand AC and DC Schematic Diagrams and Wiring Diagrams for electric utility substations rated 138kV and above. This includes schematics and wiring diagrams for transmission line protection, transformer protection, bus differential protection, breaker failure protection, etc.
• Willingness to travel within the United States
• Proficiency with MS Office applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
• PE license.
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V