DIGITAL ARTIST- DISPLAY/PRODUCTION
Ancestry.com is the world's largest online resource for family history. We have helped pioneer the market for online family history research, taking a pursuit that was expensive and time-consuming and making it easy, affordable and accessible to anyone with an interest in their family history. The foundation of our service is an extensive collection of billions of historical records that we have digitized, indexed and put online over the past 16 years. These digital records and documents, combined with our proprietary online search technologies, tools and collaboration features, have enabled our 2.0 million plus subscribers to create nearly 44 million family trees and access the 11 billion records and185 million, scanned documents and written stories to help them make meaningful discoveries about the lives of their ancestors.
With more than 1,000 employees around the world, we are committed to hiring the very best talent. We are known for our cutting-edge technology, phenomenal innovation, and we offer a compelling and rewarding workplace where you will thrive. We seek out passionate people to join our mission of helping people discover, preserve and share their family history. We invite you to explore and discover the many opportunities that await you at Ancestry.com.
The Digital Artist will help create and execute engaging, high-performing digital media in display, social, mobile and more.
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Develop the look and feel of banner, mobile interfaces and other technologies in the interactive space to reflect the brand and the campaign theme.
- Meet with business partners to understand sales and marketing objectives; translate them into innovative creative solutions and persuasively present those solutions.
- Manage design projects from concept to completion and make adjustments for inevitable changes in timelines, deadlines and project goals.
- Conceptualize practical uses of new and emerging technologies to drive better brand experience and/or higher performance.
- Display ability to develop “high response” executions as well as “high brand’ executions when required.
- Work closely with Art Directors and Designers to execute pixel perfect digital comps.
- Have ability to move fast and accurately when producing multiple versions and sizes of media assets; be comfortable working in a productions intensive environment.
Required Skills and Preferred Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience designing banners, landing pages, social media assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design, Interactive Media or related field is preferred.
- Strong online portfolio with working examples of online advertising.
- Previous Agency or Corporate creative experience with an emphasis in online media.
- A passion for design, and eye for detail and a good understanding of visual hierarchy and usability.
- Working knowledge of CS Suite, HTML, HTML5, CSS, Flash proficiency preferred. Action Script a plus.
- Possess a deep understanding of interactive design and the related tracks.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a high level of design quality and strong work ethic.
- ** Please be prepared to show multiple examples of banners and other forms of online media**
Working for Ancestry.com
Ancestry.com is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
Ancestry.com Inc. is interested in you and we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce with equal opportunities for employment.
Ancestry.com is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry.com via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry.com. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry.com as a result of the referral or through other means.