Responsible for furnishing comprehensive, skilled, psychiatric-nursing services to psychiatric patients in their place of residence, including children, adolescents, and adults.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- A registered nurse with a master’s degree in psychiatric or mental health nursing or a registered nurse with a bachelor’s degree in nursing with one year of experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental health hospital or outpatient clinic or a registered nurse with a diploma or associate’s degree with two years experience in an active treatment unit in a psychiatric or mental health hospital or outpatient clinic. On an individual basis, other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and evaluation techniques and demonstrate knowledge of clinical skills, judgment, current nursing practices and analytical capabilities.
- Must be familiar with Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party payor guidelines.
- Must have a current driver’s license, agency-required automobile liability insurance, and availability of personal, dependable transportation to conduct home visits.
- Able to assess patient status and identify requirements relative to age specific needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.