Take charge of your career and grow in new directions by exploring opportunities within a growing Life Sciences Company...
Cambrex Charles City, Inc., is a subsidiary of Cambrex Corporation (NYSE: CBM). Headquartered in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Cambrex provides products and services to accelerate the development and commercialization of branded and generic small molecule therapeutics. Cambrex supports its customers worldwide with R&D and cGMP manufacturing facilities in the US and Europe, maintains an excellent regulatory compliance record and provides strong expertise in various chemical technologies.
Cambrex Charles City, Inc., develops and manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients, fine chemicals and pharmaceutical intermediates for a wide range of applications.
We are seeking an Senior Analytical Chemist to work in our Charles City, IA location who shares the values and principles that characterize who we are and how we work. It's time to join our world-class team, if the following attributes reflect your desire to contribute:
- Innovation - Cambrex employees have a strong desire to excel and apply their skills in innovative ways to meet the demands of an ever-changing business environment.
- Experience - Cambrex employees provide knowledge-based solutions and are empowered to make appropriate decisions, and demonstrate a commitment to quality in everything they do.
- Performance - Cambrex is an organization that appreciates and rewards, efficient, reliable performance, meets goals and objectives, and delivers the Cambrex promise to bring value to our customers and investors with uncompromising integrity and ethics.
The Senior Analytical Chemist will provide technical support and leadership to multiple project teams. The incumbent will evaluate and interpret analytical results and develop and validate assay/purity methods for drug preservative and excipients in finished products and raw materials.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing analytical chemistry assays based on new and existing methodologies
- Operating analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, GC/MS, FTIR, Titrator, Particle Size Analyzer
- Developing, establishing, and validating analytical testing methodology used to control raw materials, production intermediates, and final products
- Writing technical reports to document analytical methods
- Transferring documented analytical methods to the QC department
- Setting up new or existing analytical methods for identifying compounds
- Performing thermal hazards testing
- Coordinating off-site testing as necessary
- Conducting testing of analytical samples for the Chemical Department
The ability to solve extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables
- Minimum BS degree in Chemistry required, advanced Chemistry degree beneficial
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing support laboratory, with pharmaceutical experience required
- Experience with dissolution and chemosensory testing highly desired
- Familiarity with compliance requirements within cGMP, safety and regulatory environments
- Operational knowledge of analytical instrumentation like HPLC, GC, GC-MS, FTIR, UV-VIS equipment, and data stations required
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including word processing, spreadsheets, structural drawings, and databases preferably in a Windows environment
Cambrex Charles City offers an extraordinary opportunity, a competitive salary, and an exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision care and prescription, life, LTD, STD; 401(k) with employer match; tuition reimbursement; and the 'Arthur I. Mendolia Scholarship Program.' Full relocation will be offered for this position. Post offer physical and drug screen are required. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Human Resources, Cambrex Charles City, Inc.
Thank you for your interest in Cambrex Charles City!
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.