Healthcare - Health Services
2 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
Founded in 2003, as a response to the need for exceptional end-of-life care, Faith Presbyterian Hospice is a member of locally owned and operated Presbyterian Communities and Services. As a faith-based organization, we serve patients and family members of all faiths and walks of life. As a not-for-profit organization, our bottom line focuses on quality of service and depth of compassion as we care for patients, their families and friends. We believe Each Moment Matters - we can't always bring more days to a patient's life, but we can help bring the most life out of every day.
- Models a service attitude towards others, takes ownership in solving problems and takes the initiative to make things better, is friendly and courteous to residents, patients and co-workers
- Coordinates all care rendered to patients and families.
- Coordinates scheduling of team members to assure appropriate levels of care and to assure that all visits are completed
- When designated, fulfills administrative and supervisory responsibilities and qualifications as required by State and Federal regulations, including, but not limited to, TAC Rules.
- Assures that staff follows documentation guidelines for accuracy, quality, content, and timeliness; assures that charts are properly maintained.
- Assures that staff is familiar with appropriate policies, procedures, and guidelines and is kept informed of changes.
- Implements team building and staff support activities.
- Responds promptly to any patient/family issues and takes appropriate action.
- Coordinates and serves as a member of IDT
- As a member of the site leadership team, participates in providing orientation, education, leadership, coaching, accountability, and mentoring to program staff.
- Assures that patients are certified and re-certified appropriately.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Participates in QAPI program and hospice-sponsored in-service training
- Delivers direct patient care as necessary.
- Coordinates on-call schedule to assure appropriate coverage and takes call.
- Monitors patient care costs and staffing model to assure compliance with budget.
- Responds promptly to regulatory surveys.
- Assures that all outside services are properly authorized and bills are accurate. Adheres to Standards of Conduct.
- Has a duty to report any potential misconduct of Standards of Conduct or federal or state laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Clinical Services
- A diploma or associates degree in nursing required; Bachelors degree preferred; One to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified Hospice Palliative Nurse (CHPN) preferred
- Current active and unrestricted Texas Registered Nurse License
- Proficient ability to communicate orally and in writing in the English language
- Minimum of five years of hospice experience required.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and reliable method of transportation
- Ability to work independently; Ability to adjust to changing conditions and frequent demands. Ability to acquire new knowledge to perform additional or more difficult tasks
- Ability to maintain a positive, stable disposition in performing, working in association with staff, patients and families
- Ability to maintain a high level of performance in an environment of frequent demands and changes
- Ability to meet new and/or stressful situations with the appropriate responses, ability to work effectively as part of a healthcare team, to share information freely, to use and seek supervision and consultation verbally and in writing, and to be able to follow both verbal and written instructions
- One year of clinical management experience, or recognized leadership ability.
- Knowledge of business management and governmental regulations.
- Highly organized, able to handle multiple and shifting assignments and present a professional image.
- Demonstrated superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong team building skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office, Internet, and e-mail.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer