Mamma Bella Division / NYFF
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Reports To: Plant Manager
Location: Mamma Bella
Classification: Salaried Non-Exempt
Approved By: Location Human Resources
Date of Last Revision: July, 2012
Date of Approval: July, 2012
Provides for the maintenance and repair of the plant’s building interior and equipment. As the only mechanic employee is required to handle all maintenance functions needed at the plant with minimal supervision. HVAC, Refrigeration, Air Compressor, Tow Motor and Significant Electrical and Plumbing jobs are contracted out. In particular, the ability to maintain food-packaging equipment including horizontal wrappers, baggers, cartoners, shrink wrappers, and conveyors is mandatory.
Essential Functions / Primary Responsibilities:
• Evaluates and identifies potential electrical / mechanical problems; repairs and maintains electrical / mechanical machinery and equipment.
• Evaluates and identifies potential pneumatic problems; repairs and maintains pneumatic distribution equipment / system.
• Installs new and/or relocates old equipment.
• Troubleshoots and repairs equipment electrical circuits, must be able to read / understand electrical schematics
• Repairs, and maintains micro switches, photocells, proximity switches, PLC’s, AC and DC Variable Speed drives.
• Completes all daily paper work and walk-through items.
• Performs or supervises all needed repairs to building interior (walls, tile painting, etc.).
• Welds all types of metal with all types of welders, especially using a TIG welder with a stainless steel sanitary argon purge.
• Maintains preventative maintenance and other required records.
• Operates all plant equipment.
• Repairs or replaces variable speed drives, speed reducers, vacuum pumps, diaphragm pumps and associated utilities.
• Maintains company standards for cleanliness, safety and productivity in the plant area.
• Participates in all major project improvements.
• Specifies and maintains spare parts inventory as approved by Plant Manager
• Ensures compliance to quality, food safety, 5S, OSHA (Lockout Tag-out NFPA 70e, PPE), and HACCP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer, & government standards.
Works in a manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, sit, stand, walk, climb, crouch, lift, reach, grasp and bend while moving about the facility. Must be able to move 75 pounds a distance of 25 feet or more at various frequencies and or intervals. Must be able to stand for an 8 - 10 hour shift (sometimes longer) with regular breaks while performing repetitive tasks. May be required to work overtime and/or weekends as needed. The employee may be exposed to non-ambient temperatures, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment. The noise level is loud in the plant. Ear protection, eye/face protection, hair/beard nets, steel-toed/slip-resistant shoes, and gloves are required as necessary in accordance with company GMP and safety standards.
• Must be able to successfully pass an oral and written test to demonstrate knowledge and skills required of the position.
• Must have demonstrated competency as a Maintenance Mechanic in a food-manufacturing environment (Minimum Exp. 5 yrs.).
• Strong problem-solving abilities.
• Advanced mechanical aptitude, basic math skills and ability to use basic gauges and measuring tools.
• High school diploma or GED.
Occasionally assigned labor to help with sanding, painting, drywall repair, tile repair, or projects where extra hands are needed. Supervision extends to overseeing safe, timely and quality results for given projects.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the essential functions of the job described. Rather, they are intended only to describe
the general nature of the job and its requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to reassign duties and responsibilities to this job
at any time.
_____________________________________________ ______________________________________________ _______________
EMPLOYEE NAME - PRINT EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE DATE