30001 Connecticut Ave. Nw
Washington, DC 20008
Quick Service or Fast Food Restaurant
Restaurant - Food Service
1 to 4 years
• Serves as a lead cook guiding and assisting in the training of less experienced cooks.
• Under minimal supervision, independently performs advanced cooking duties in preparing food
items to be served to customers.
• Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
• Follows complex recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting,
carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in
• Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients,
washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat,
poultry or fish for culinary use.
• Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, check production, and keep
records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and
• Selects recipes per menu cycle, prepares bakery items, receives inventory, moves and lifts
foodstuffs and supplies and prepares meals for customers requiring special diets.
• May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexho, client and
regulatory rules and procedures.
Applies advanced cooking skills. Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques
to meet the more complex requirements of the position. Substantial working knowledge of food
preparation. Requires complete knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
• Education or Equivalent Experience: High School diploma or GED or equivalent experience.
• Supervisor/Managerial Experience: None
• Function Specific Experience: Four or more years of related work experience. Involved with the
most complex requirements of the position.
• Certification Requirements: None
Supervision Received: Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgment
to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals. Orients, trains, assigns and checks the work
of lower level employees.
Supervision Provided: Assists the Chef or Chef Manager in the supervision and training of other
cooks and kitchen employees.
Working Conditions: Describe the physical environment in which the job works and any special
physical qualifications required (safety hazards, visual/hearing acuity or unusual conditions).
Work is performed in an area that is adequately lighted and ventilated. Works in a kitchen
Physical Demands: Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform the
work, such as agility, dexterity and long periods of walking, standing, bending, carrying or lifting
supplies and equipment weighing 50 pounds or more.