191 N. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
Real Estate - Property Mgt
Founded in 1966, Heitman is a global real estate investment management firm with over $26 billion in assets. Heitman invests in commercial real estate directly or in publicly traded real estate securities. The firm is uniquely structured, with 50 percent of the company owned by 35 senior employees and 50 percent owned by a U.S. subsidiary of Old Mutual plc. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations, corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago with offices in Los Angeles, Washington DC, London, Luxembourg, Munich, Moscow, Warsaw, Melbourne, Hong Kong and Tokyo, Heitman’s 284 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Our Chicago office is looking for an entry level candidate for the Portfolio Accountant role in our Investor Accounting group. The Investor Accounting group at Heitman is responsible for all aspects of investor reporting, analysis, and accounting.
The responsibilities of a Portfolio Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing financial statements, supporting schedules and related footnotes
- Analyzing property operating statements
- Computing cash flow distributions to investors
- Calculating performance returns
- Preparing property valuation models and underwriting summaries
- Preparing and analyzing property budgets
- Assisting in the preparation of annual business plans
- Responding to auditors’ queries
- Special projects including due diligence review, leasehold analysis, consultant/client questionnaires, etc.
We are seeking individuals who meet the following criteria:
- High performing accounting graduate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CPA or intention to obtain CPA preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Heitman offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance, 401K plan with employer match, and a generous vacation/sick plan.
Interested professionals should send their cover letter and resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.