At least 5 year(s)
NWN is looking for a Systems Engineer whose expertise is centered implementation and support with technologies such as Storage Area Network (SAN), VMware, Exchange 2007, NetApp or IBM N series and Cisco.
NWN provides our employees with a full set of benefits to include PTO, health and dental insurance, long and short term disability, vision, and life insurance.
Qualified candidates are welcome to call Sharon at 704.301.2240; as well as, submit resume through this web site which will be directed to Sharon.
Systems Engineer position skill requirements:
• VMware vSphere 4.x experience. To include VMware vCenter and ESXi operating system. Prefer experience with NFS-based storage, Site Recovery Manager, multiple network (VLAN) configurations.
• Advanced experience with all versions of Microsoft operating systems. To include installation, configuration, troubleshooting, OS features (e.g. file/print services, IIS, DHCP, DNS)
• General knowledge of network concepts and technology, basic network troubleshooting. Prefer Cisco route/switch experience. Not necessarily CCNA-level experience, entry-level acceptable.
• Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN). Prefer direct experience with IBM N-series or NetApp.
• Experience with Microsoft Exchange. Minimum 2003. Prefer 2007 or higher.
• Advanced experience with Microsoft Active Directory. To include all AD functions (i.e. Group Policy, delegation of authority, user and group management, site management, replication, LDAP queries, etc.).
• Experience in production datacenters with redundant infrastructure requiring 24-hour monitoring.
• Experience with on-call support for site infrastructure, server hardware, application support.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skill.
• Experience supporting large and disparate user community with very diverse skills.
• Experience supporting common business applications (Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, etc.)
• Experience supporting desktop hardware and operating systems.
• Experience managing multiple project deadlines while also providing day-to-day support.