To ensure the provision of high quality, consumer responsive, culturally sensitive, and cost-effective services to those who are living with mental illness, developmental disabilities, and substance abuse. We are committed to flexible, accessible, family-centered services that honor the dignity, respect the rights and maximize the potential of the individual.
Western Highlands will ensure the development and management of a comprehensive network of community services and supports for people with mental illness, substance abuse, and developmental disabilities. Western Highlands will link the individuals and families with services and supports to allow them to live successfully in their communities.
Western Highlands will work in partnership with consumers, providers, and communities to coordinate quality services based on best practices and fiscal soundness, which meet the needs of consumers and their families.
- Respect for consumers and families, their individual needs, rights, and responsibilities;
- Excellence and quality in our provider network and in the services offered;
- Sensitivity to ethnic, racial, and age-related differences;
- Partnership with consumers, families, stakeholders, providers, advocates, community resources, and government to provide the highest quality services;
- Empowerment of each individual and/or family member to achieve the fullest possible control over their own lives, in their own communities;
- Choice of providers throughout the eight county area;
- Trust built through honest and open collaboration among consumers, families, providers, and community organizations.