In Partnership With
Follow Us :
Search in articles
Search in jobs listings
Search in videos
Companies Now Hiring
Jobs by Industry
Jobs by Type
Job Search Tips
Sign In / Sign Up
Get Job Alerts
Salaries and Benefits
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Cover Letter Examples
I Interviewed At
What I Did With My Degree
My Career Success Stories
Stories of the Unemployed
Job Interview Videos
Job Search Videos
Salary Negotiation Videos
Career Advice Videos
What Its Like Videos
Lunchtime Live Videos
Ex. Registered Nurse or Sales
Ex. Chicago IL or 60607
Employer Quick Look
Regency Hospital of Northwest Indiana (East Chicago) and Porter
Healthcare - Health Services
2,500 - 5,000
– “I have better hours with Regency Hospital so I can be home with my kids. Also, patients stay for 30 days at a time so you get to know them and become friends with their family. It’s like a big family here.”
– “I love the people here. There are lots of activities – baseball, bowling… it’s not just about work – it’s a big family. And if you have questions, people will take the time to help you out – they make time for you. On top of that, I like that there aren’t many beds – you get to focus on individuals. In a big hospital, you get pulled in a lot of different directions… here, it’s one-on-one. Of everywhere I’ve worked, this is my #1 place.”
– “It’s a cross between an ICU and med surg for nurses. We have a wide variety of patients so it lets you increase your skills. The nurse who will most succeed here is someone who is flexible, a team player, cares a lot for patients, has good nursing skills and isn’t afraid to ask questions.”
– “I was fresh out of school and they gave me a great opportunity; started as a tech and ended up on the floor. I really like the 12-hour shifts – I do my 3 days and then have 4 days off – it gives me time for my family. On top of that, you get exposed to everything here – med surg, respiratory, wounds, pre- and post-surgical… it’s the full package – you can really develop your skills. It’s a great place to work – ask anyone here and they’ll tell you that.”
– “I like that there’s always enough help – Regency people work together. And they’re always doing things – there’s a cake on your birthday, they have a party on the opening day for baseball… it’s appreciation. Not every place goes out of their way like that to make you feel appreciated.”
– “I like the company’s philosophy and mission. It’s one that most clinicians can identify with but it’s not just on paper – there’s a real commitment to fulfilling that. People are passionate about what they do – that’s why they come here. And because they’re so committed, we take the opportunity to do a lot of things with employee input. That’s why we target people who have a variety of clinical skills, life experience and the desire to really take care of patients – we want them to be a part of our family and help us strive to be the best.”
The Medical staff and employees of Regency Hospital are committed to meeting the needs of our customers by fostering a culture that ensures consistent delivery of the highest quality, patient-focused healthcare.
We will be the long term acute care provider and employer of choice by consistently exceeding the expectations of our customers.
We recognize our medical staff and each other as valuable members of our healthcare team who are responsible decision makers.
We treat everyone with compassion, kindness, respect and dignity while acknowledging their right to have their individual values in life.
We conduct ourselves ethically and honestly while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
We communicate effectively, truthfully and genuinely.
We embrace a strong ethic through self-initiative, accountability and responsibility in order to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers.
We are responsible citizens actively working to enhance the community that we serve.
Critical Care Registered Nurse:
: 12-hour shifts
7am - 7:30pm
7pm - 7:30am
: 12-hour shifts
6am - 6:30pm
6pm - 6:30am
As a long term acute care (LTAC) hospital,
Regency Hospital of Northwest Indiana and Porter County
specializes in treating medically complex patients such as those needing ventilator/pulmonary care, wound care, long-term IV therapies and those with multi-system failure.
average stay for a patient is 25 days
, our employees have the opportunity to work closely with patients and truly impact their lives. That’s why we have a highly motivated and dedicated team of physicians, clinical staff and support staff.
Our focus is giving people their lives back!
Committment to Education
We are excited about the growth we’ve experienced and the reputation we have earned since opening. We want to continue on that path of excellence, and realize our employees are our best asset in helping reach our goals. So we commit to investing in our staff, providing them with the latest in medical products and technology, along with continuous training through our Partners in Practice program as well as tuition assistance.
Our Partners in Practice program:
Offers most clinicians up to 40 hours of didactic training
Partners with other healthcare disciplines to teach and mentor staff
Trains nurses from novice to expert
First to have proprietary critical care course to address specific needs of LTAC patients
Prepares nurses to sit for certification (Med/Surg, PCCN, CCRN)
Monetary incentives for course completion
We also offer on-site classes for the ACLS certification that must be completed within 6 months of hire.
Basic Life and AD&D
Short and Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Extended Illness Days (EID)
401K Retirement Program with company match
Employee Assistance Program
In-Service Education Programs
Continuing Education Programs
Our Ideal Nursing Candidate
We’re looking for candidates who:
Have broad experience across multiple disciplines with excellent nursing skills
Are passionate about caring for patients and improving their quality of life
Want to be a part of an interdisciplinary team
Want to further develop their nursing skills
Aren't afraid to ask questions
Prefer working 12-hour shifts since that's how we're scheduled (if applying to a full-time position)
at Regency Hospital of Northwest Indiana (East Chicago) and Porter
No Jobs Found.