Koch Business Solutions, LP (KBS) is a shared services company that provides critical consulting and transactional services to the Koch Industries family of companies in the areas of HR, IT and Finance. Our vision challenges us to understand what creates value for our customers and to maximize value by:
We are committed to continual improvement, exceeding expectations and becoming valued partners in the success of our customers. Our key business groups are:
- Aggregating purchasing power to reduce costs
- Maximizing economies of scale to drive efficiencies
- Developing and applying specialized knowledge
Human Resources Solutions provides benefits, payroll and relocation services to the Koch companies through three service teams.
Financial Solutions provides accounting, tax, insurance, and claims services to the Koch companies through three service teams.
- Benefits Solutions provides strategic and administrative support including plan design, plan administration, reporting and compliance management. Our focus is to bring to our internal market benefits that are valued, effective and efficient for our customers and their employees.
- Payroll Solutions provides a complete line of products and services including: payroll compliance and consulting, records management, HR entry, time entry, payroll processing, wage garnishment processing, tax payments and filing, W-2 processing, unemployment rate and claims management, accounting ledger support, reporting and customer service.
- Relocation Solutions provides services for individuals relocating in the domestic US, Canada and designated international locations. We manage all facets of the relocation, including: third-party and relocation company selection and management, quality control, reporting, benchmarking, policy, program design and consultative services to our customers.
Enterprise Technology Solutions provides IT services that are used across the Koch companies through five service teams.
- Tax Solutions assists customers in effectively managing indirect taxes, including sales/use, excise, goods & services, ad valorem, and license taxes. These services include compliance and audit management, process improvements, research, planning, and education.
- Accounting Solutions provides various accounting support for the Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash, and General Accounting value chains. Services include accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, balance sheet reporting, fixed asset management, and IMIS system administration. Through customer partnerships we provide transactional services, process improvement and compliance.
- Risk Solutions provides various risk and insurance support including Insurance Services, Claims Management and Contract Risk services. It assists customers by managing primary insurance policies (Workers Compensation, Auto and General Liability), surety bonds, certificates of insurance, auto insurance cards; by managing claims, claims data and compliance; by negotiating Service Agreement indemnity and insurance provisions with Koch's vendors and contractors and by providing contract consulting.
- Platforms Solutions offers core infrastructure services to enable business applications and communication. Services include networking and connectivity support, data center and server management, data storage management, corporate e-mail, and other collaborative services.
- Customer Solutions provides support in those areas that are most commonly consumed by individual employees of Koch companies. These services include workstation support, service desk operations, wireless device management, and account provisioning services.
- Applications Solutions provides support for applications that can be leveraged across multiple Koch entities, as well as software developers, database analysts and others with specialized skills who can augment the application development and support resources within Koch business IT groups.
- Security and Enterprise Architecture groups provide planning and strategy capabilities that evaluate technology opportunities and risks and help Koch IT groups provide integrated, secure and profitable technology solutions to the Koch businesses.
- ETS Business Office offers capabilities that enable Koch business IT groups to acquire and account for IT assets. These services include IT procurement and IT asset management services.