The mission of the NAIC is to assist state insurance regulators, individually and collectively, in serving the public interest and achieving the following fundamental insurance regulatory goals in a responsive, efficient and cost effective manner, consistent with the wishes of its members:
· Protect the public interest;
· Promote competitive markets;
· Facilitate the fair and equitable treatment of insurance consumers;
· Promote the reliability, solvency and financial solidity of insurance institutions; and
· Support and improve state regulation of insurance.