Tax Manager - Federal Tax Services Private Equity Group - Chicago(6490)ID:
Tax Consulting - Federal Tax Services
Regular Full-TimeMore information about this opportunity:Company Overview:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.Position Summary:
As a Federal Tax Manager of Crowe’s tax practice you will be required to consult on large projects and manage compliance engagements. Strong technical skills, teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills and attention to details are vital to this role. Tax consulting includes performing tax research and working with clients on tax mitigation as well as planning, structuring and implementing special projects. The Federal Tax Manager is responsible for the compliance function on various clients including managing the return preparation and technical review of consolidated and standalone C-corporation and partnership returns and the personal income tax returns for certain high net worth clients.Responsibilities:
- Your role includes identifying and implementing tax planning and consulting opportunities/strategies, preparation and review of client tax calculations, review of tax returns, management of client tax relationships and management and development of staff.
- Manage, direct and monitor multiple client engagements as well as serve as a business advisor to the client.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.Qualifications:
- BS in Accounting required, Masters in Taxation or JD/LLM is a plus
- CPA required
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive tax experience in public accounting or corporate/public blend
- Consolidated C-Corp, FAS 109, FIN 48, LLC/partnership, individual and multi-state experience
- Proven engagement and staff management skills
- Possess effective writing, communication and tax research skills
- Experience with tax technology a plus