SmartSource is in need of a Windows Systems Administrator for a 4 month opportunity in Los Angeles, CA.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 4 months
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Role: We are in need of a Windows Systems Administrator for a 4 Month opportunity located in Los Angeles CA.
- Provides level 3 support for all windows based servers (approximately 1200)
- Experience with VMware
- Experience with multiple Microsoft technologies (AD, Exchange, SQL)
- Ability to work with vendors, troubleshoot hardware issues and resolve
- Ability to work independently
- Participate in on-call rotation; will require after-hours and occasional weekend work to implement patches and/or perform system maintenance
- Develop and maintain server inventory and configuration documentation
- Develop and maintain hardware and operating system version and patching processes and standards
- Experience with infrastructure technology components including data centers (Power, Cooling and Structured Cabling), network (Cisco), servers (Dell Blades), storage (Cisco, NetApp, 3PAR), and virtualization (VMware)
- Knowledge and use of Automation tools for systems management and Virtualization Orchestration tools
- Must pass a drug and criminal background check before starting
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience and qualifications
- Production support of complex Windows based infrastructure (3+ years)
- Windows 2003 Server installation & configuration (3+ Years)
- Active Directory administration and configuration (3+ Years)
- Technology consulting experience, worked at a customer site location, good verbal, written and listening skills
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience
- Requires occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 pounds
- Desirable would be any experience with Windows OS, Active Directory, Group Policy troubleshooting in addition to being able to prioritize and adapt personal and team workloads in order to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience of designing and working with Windows Server operating systems environments
- Previous experience of administering Active Directory, group policy and DNS
- Excellent understanding of Windows Server OS (2003/2008/2012).
- Knowledge of high availability customer facing environments focusing on systems performance.
- Strong system and infrastructure design skills
- IIS & Web Server support (No Web Development skills required)
- Relational databases SQL Server (2005-2012) as it relates to systems administration only. (No DBA skills needed)
- Analyzing Information , General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements
- Must have excellent customer service background.
To be considered, please send an updated Word resume and desired rate.
Recruiting Account Manager